14 Apr 2013

 Christmas Ball Decoration

There is always time in April for a little Christmas spirit :-)

This is my first tutorial and I hope you enjoy it, any feedback would be very much appreciated.


This is what we are going to make ...






STEP 1

Gather all your materials





Aside from all the materials shown in the picture above you will need a hole punch and glue (I used pritt stick) You will also need some crimp beads.


Step 2

Cut 6 strips out of thin card, I used red but you can use any colour. The bigger the card you use the longer you ornament will be. I wanted mine to be quite round so I my card strips are 1.1 x 5in (approx) Cut strips from patterned paper, I used 1.5 inch strips, you don't have to worry about the length, 




Step 3

Matt the patterned paper onto the card, using either glue or tape, trim to fit. 




Step Four

Punch little holes at either side of the strip. I used this hole punch thingy (If you know it's official name please let me know)


I used the first strip as a guide in order to make sure all the holes where in the right place on all the other strips.





Step 5

Cut a piece of craft wire (about 12inch or so) and thread on a bead of your choice, I decided then to loop the wire around a pendant charm (you could either add another bead or tassel)  Push a crimp bead over both bits of wire and secure in place using your pliers (if you don't have pliers you can use closed scissors and flatten it against a table)



My Handmade Life - A Crafters Blog . 2017 Copyright. All rights reserved. Designed by Blogger Template | Free Blogger Templates